MGE shared the information below with local media on March 20, regarding MGE business customers recently reporting they were contacted by phone by MGE for immediate payment of their bill.
Please read this information carefully and call our customer service number, 608-252-7222, if someone calls, claiming to represent MGE and demanding immediate payment or personal information. While the customers calling MGE to report these scams are business customers, we believe it is important to share the following information with residential customers too.
Our Customer Center has received dozens of calls this week from customers who were targets of these scammers.
The scammers contact a business customer and pose as a representative from MGE. They attempt to collect money by claiming accounts are past due.
The scammers typically give instructions to pay with a prepaid debit card or wire transfer, and often threaten disconnection within the hour. MGE does not accept payment with prepaid cards.
These imposters continue to get more sophisticated as they are able to manipulate the caller ID to look like the call is coming from MGE or claim to know recent bill amounts.
This is not how MGE operates.
- MGE will never call and demand immediate payment with credit, debit, green dot cards or any other form.
- MGE does not accept payments made with any prepaid card.
- MGE will never threaten that we are coming within the hour to disconnect.
- When a customer faces disconnection for non-payment there are several past due notifications that come in writing.
- Hanging up and calling our customer service number, 608-252-7222, if someone calls claiming to represent MGE and demands immediate payment or personal information.
- Don’t call a number given to you. Phone numbers can be manipulated to appear as though you’re calling MGE. Only call the MGE customer service number, 608-252-7222.
- Never give out personal information like social security numbers, credit card or banking information or account numbers during an unsolicited call.
- Never allow anyone into your business or home for an unannounced visit to check your meter, electrical wiring, natural gas pipes or your appliances unless you have a scheduled appointment or are aware of a confirmed problem. Always ask for identification. All MGE employees carry ID. If you’re not sure, call our customer service number, 608-252-7222, and ask if an employee is supposed to be at your home.
- Share this information with employees and business associates.
- Call the Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection, 1-800-422-7128 to report an attempted scam.
- If you suffer a financial loss as a result of scam activity, contact the police.
Other Wisconsin utility company customers have experienced similar scams.
Visit mge.com/scam for more tips and info about these scams.
UPS-OCA Gold Mountain Scholarship Application for High School Seniors
Every year OCA provides fifteen $2000 scholarships to Asian American and Pacific Islander high school seniors who are the first person in their family attending a higher learning institution. The deadline to apply is April 30 at 11:59 EST. For more information about our scholarship, you can visit https://www.ocanational.org/gms-application-page.
June 2, 2018 - Celebrating our Connected Communities
Festival Hours: 10:00 am - 7:00 pm - rain or shine!
LAUNCH YOUR CAREER WITH BORDER FOODS.
SHOW YOUR CREATIVITY AND PASSION IN SERVING OUR CUSTOMERS AS PART OF A WINNING TEAM.
Come work for the coolest fast food restaurant around with Border Foods Taco Bell!
Hiring at all Madison and Area Taco Bell Locations!
Mineral Point, Washington Ave, Whitney Way, Fitchburg, Middleton, Verona, Sun Prairie, DeForest, Monona
What is in it for you??
We have excellent Career opportunities and provide great benefits!
- Medical Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account or Flexible Spending Account
- Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation - 2 weeks to start!
- 6 Paid Holidays and 6 paid sick days
- BONUS potential $$$$$
- AND Growth Potential!!!
What are we looking for??
You enjoy people and providing friendly, accurate service to customers. Key responsibilities include greeting customers in the restaurant or drive-thru, taking orders, handling payment and thanking customers. You’ll also prepare and store food ingredients, assemble food and beverage orders, check to make sure they’re correct, package products, and maintain a clean, safe work and dining environment. Team Member behaviors include:
- Outgoing personality!
- Positive attitude.
- Great Leader
- Member of Management Team
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Is friendly and helpful to customers and co-workers.
- Likes going the extra mile to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Appearance and work habits express motivation and professionalism.
- Wants to work at the coolest fast food restaurant there is.
Full-time or Part-time Team Members Up to $11, Shift Managers up to $13 based on experience!
Looking for Assistant Managers and General Managers as well! Very Competitive Pay!
APPLY NOW!!! At BorderFoods.com
Job Description/Responsibilities: Plan, direct, coordinate, and evaluate the custodial department and work with the mechanical team on maintenance and repair of facilities, grounds, and equipment for Overture Center for the Arts.
• Support the Director of Facilities in implementation of policies, procedures and programs
• Manage custodial staff and operations including vendor contracts and facility set-ups/tear-downs.
• Principal AkitaBox (CMMS) administrator.
• Develop skills, knowledge of the building and best practices with the goal of succeeding the Director of Facilities.
• Uphold high standards in quality workmanship and the design aesthetic of the building’s founders and architects.
• Effectively manage the facility using AkitaBox.
• Assume increasing responsibility and learn the functions necessary to transition into the role of Facility Director.
• Effectively manage the custodial staff and maintain a clean and safe facility.